Our rear support wheelchairs are designed to reduce some or all of the weight bearing on a dog’s hind legs. Your dog’s rear legs can be left down if they’re still mobile with adjustable weight bearing or held up in the rear slings if totally immobile. Let slings come standard with all of our rear support wheelchairs.
Our wheelchairs or carts have been shown to slow the progression of virtually all spinal diseases. As soon as pets start to show signs of knuckling over on the rear paws or rear limb weakness, it is time to evaluate for our rear support cart which will still allow them full mobility in the rear end, but take most of the weight bearing off of the rear joints and spine which greatly reduces the overall stress on the body. Front support can be added at any time down the road if needed.
Our carts were originally designed for rehabilitation in post surgical care for pets with back, knee, and hip surgery as well as older pets and long term mobility solutions. The height of the cart is set so the rear paws are flat on the ground with the rear legs at full extension. This allows full use of the rear legs while in the cart with minimal weight bearing. The height of the cart can be adjusted gradually as well to add more weight bearing as recovery takes place.
Our carts are the lightest weight on the market and perfectly balanced, so there is no added stress to the front legs or spine. The frame of the cart is designed to hold the back in alignment and prevent any further injury.
Features & Benefits of the Rear Support Dog Wheelchair
- Custom Made in USA *.
- Guaranteed to Fit.
- Fully Adjustable in Height, Length, and Width.
- Lightest Wheelchair Available.
- Front Support can be added at any time with a Front Support Kit.
- Adjustable Rear Limb Weight Bearing for Rehabilitation.
- Relieves Stress and Promotes Decompression of the Spine.
- Adjustable Support System.
- Proven Rehabilitation Results.
- All parts are included with purchase; including leg slings.
- Unlimited Support and Wheelchair Fitting Advice from our Professional Staff.
Degenerative Myelopathy, Ruptured Disc, Spinal Trauma, IVDD, Hip Dysplasia, Arthritis, Old Age, Rear Amputees, Post Surgical Rehab for Disc, Knee, and Hip Surgery.
How does the Rental Program Work?
- The program is a rent-to-own program broken down into 3 two week periods. You do not have to rent for the entire term and you can return the cart if needed at anytime.
- You pay the initial 2 week rental fee plus your shipping cost. Every rental payment is removed from the overall cost of your wheelchair as payments are made.
- We ship you out a custom built, fully adjustable, guaranteed to fit, wheelchair from our USA production location.
- Your 2 week rental period starts the day you receive your wheelchair.
- Within 48 hours of your rental expiring; please call or email us and choose whether to rent the wheelchair for another 2 weeks, return if needed, or you can pay off the remaining balance at anytime. Wheelchair rental payments are non refundable and after the final payment is made; your wheelchair is now yours to keep. *Please note the Rental Program is only available within the continental United States and Canada.
- All wheelchair rentals may include used parts from previous rentals with minor cosmetic blemishes; this will not effect the functionality in any way. Every rental is still custom built and includes new straps and support system.
Warranty and Support
Every rear support wheelchair is custom made in the USA for each patient. We’ve perfected the design of our wheelchairs with the knowledge of an experienced staff. In fact, K9 Carts was founded by veterinarians in 1961.
We share that knowledge with our clients all the time. When we take on a new client, we know that we’re starting a relationship with them. A client’s relationship with K9 Carts doesn’t end when the wheelchair ships. We offer ongoing, unlimited support to our clients: You can ask us for help or advice for as long as your dog uses the wheelchair.