- Designed & Approved by Certified United States Veterinarians since 1961.
- Custom Made just for your pet in the USA.
- Guaranteed to Fit large & small dogs.
- Fully adjustable dog wheelchair for back legs.
- One Year Warranty when purchased through K9 Carts.
- Front Support Kit add-on available.
For pets under 6 lbs and over 150 lb, please contact us directly.
Rear Support Dog Wheelchair
$259.00 – $749.00
- Designed & Approved in the United States by Certified Veterinarians.
- Custom-made wheelchair for dogs back legs, built specifically for your pet right here in the USA.
- One Year Warranty when acquired through K9 Carts.
- Guaranteed to Fit in Height, Length and Width.
- Fully adjustable pet wheelchair for large dogs & small dogs.
- Lightest rear support wheelchair for dogs on the market today.
- Just 4 simple measurements to get the right-sized frame & wheel combination.
- Easy to Adjust in height, length and width, for both large and small dogs.
- Front Support Kit add-on available.
- Unlimited Support and Dog Wheel Chair Fitting Advice from our Professional Staff.
- K9 Carts hind leg wheelchairs for dogs will enhance your pet’s quality of life by enabling your pet to walk & run.
- Hold your pet’s back in alignment and prevent any further injury.
- Slow the progression of virtually all spinal diseases & conditions, including degenerative myelopathy.
- Perfectly balanced to relieve stress on the front legs & spine.
- Degenerative Myelopathy
- Ruptured Disc
- Spinal Trauma
- Hip Dysplasia
- Old Age
- Rear Amputees
- Post Surgical Rehab for Disc, Knee, and Hip Surgery
Need additional help or advice?
We highly encourage our clients to reach out to us via email, phone: 1.800.578.6960, or the chat below with any questions or concerns. Our staff is highly trained in the mobility field to help you through the process of ensuring your pet has the best possible care. If you require any assistance when purchasing your K9 Carts rear support wheelchair for dogs, reach out & we’ll gladly help.
- Wheelchair orders typically ship in 1 – 3 business days days. Every wheelchair is custom built specifically for your pet and shipping lead times can vary, so please contact us with any specific questions.
- All other products normally ship same business day when placed by 1pm EST.
- We ship via Fedex and USPS with overnight as well as international shipping available.
- Items will ship Monday through Fridays, excluding major holidays.
- For Saturday delivery and exact delivery deadlines, please contact us directly.
Can my pet go to the bathroom in the cart?
Answer: Absolutely. Our support system is uniquely designed to allow pets to be able to urinate and defecate freely while in their cart.
Can my pet lay down while in the cart?
Answer: Small pets like Corgis, Dachshunds, and Pugs can lay down with the front end while in our rear support wheelchairs because they are low enough to the ground to not put any pressure on the back. Larger breeds cannot lay down as they would put too much of an angle and strain on the back; however our cart design allows pets to be taken in and out of the cart in a matter of seconds.
What if my measurements are off?
Answer: We guarantee our wheelchairs to fit. Although they are custom built specifically for your pet they will be adjustable in all directions. We also evaluate everything carefully before starting production and will notify you if we have any concerns about your measurements. In the rare event you’re unable to adjust it to fit, we will send you what’s needed to make it fit.
How long does it take to receive my pet’s wheelchair?
Answer: We typically try to build and ship in 10-14 business days after we receive the completed order but this can vary on how busy we are. We recommend contacting us to verify our current lead time.
Is the wheelchair adjustable?
Answer: Yes, our wheelchairs are fully adjustable in height, length, width and even the support system can be adjusted to your pet’s individual needs. Every cart is built specifically for the individual pet and guaranteed to fit.
Why should I choose K9 Carts for my wheelchair?
Answer: K9 Carts stands apart because we are the only company with a background in orthopedic medicine. Our carts were designed with decades of research in the medical field and our professional staff are here to help you. Buying your wheelchair from K9 Carts ensures your medical device for your pet is built and tested from a medically based company.
What type of shipping do you offer?
Answer: We offer shipping methods via FedEx and through the Post Office. Our wheelchairs ship from our shop in Florida. Ground shipping takes 2-6 business days, depending on where we ship to. Priority Mail usually takes 2-3 business days. If you need the wheelchair by a certain day we recommend contacting us directly so we can help assist with choosing the best method.
What type of warranty do you offer?
Answer: We have a comprehensive warranty for one year on the entire cart with any part replaced if needed. We also offer a lifetime warranty on the frame against any defects.
What is your return policy?
Answer: We offer a 15 day trial period for a 70% refund which is plenty of time to test the cart and send us pictures for evaluation. It’s extremely rare for a pet to reject their K9 Cart unless it’s improperly fit, they’re in pain, have no desire to be active, or weakness on their forelimbs in which case front support can be added. We always recommend doing our towel test before ordering a wheelchair as this will usually give you a good indication of how they will do in our rear support cart.
Do you offer overnight shipping?
Answer: Yes. We recommend contacting us directly to find out our current build time. We can also help with special Saturday delivery on packages that are shipped on a Friday.
Can front support be added later on to a rear support wheelchair?
Answer: Yes, our front support kit can be added at any time down the road with no additional measurements needed.
Are the foot slings, or stirrups, for holding the rear legs up off the ground included or extra?
Answer: The foot slings are included with every wheelchair. These are for paralyzed pets that have no use of their rear legs. Every part needed for your cart is included in the box.
Can my pet use stairs in their wheelchair?
Answer: Some pets can handle going down a step or two without having any issues as long as they have strong forelimb strength. To get up steps, you simply grab the back of the cart to help lift the wheels over the step. We recommend building a ramp for 3 steps or more.
FedEx Ground®* 1–5 business days in the contiguous 48 states; 3–7 to Alaska and Hawaii
FedEx Express Saver® 3 business days
FedEx 2Day®. 2 business days
FedEx Standard Overnight®. Next-business-day delivery by 8 p.m. to residences
FedEx Priority Overnight®. Next-business-day delivery by , noon to most residences
Priority Mail® 1–3 Days
This policy applies to wheelchair purchases, not rentals or other products.
We offer a 15-day trial period to give you plenty of time to try your pet in its new wheelchair – this applies to refundable carts only. The 15-days start the day you receive your K9 Cart.
(This applies only to dogs, cats, and rabbits)
Rear Support Two-Wheel Carts for pets 6-115 lbs – 70% refund
Full Support Quad Carts 6-115 lbs – 70% refund
Wheelchair Front Support Kits 6-115 lbs – 70%
We do not offer a refund on the following carts:
All rental carts.
Specialty Carts – made for any pet other than a dog or cat (goats, deer, chickens etc.) or pets with special needs that cannot be met with our standard carts.
This also includes any XXS small wheelchairs built for pets under 6 lbs and XXL wheelchairs built for pets over 115 lbs..
You will be refunded 70% of the cost of the cart as long as the cart is returned within 15 days, clean, and in like new condition. CHARGES WILL BE APPLIED IF THE CART IS RETURNED IN LESS THAN NEW CONDITION (NEEDS CLEANING, REFURBISHING OR REPAIRS). SHIPPING CHARGES ARE NON-REFUNDABLE. CUSTOMER PAYS RETURN SHIPPING.
Orders can only be cancelled before shipped. Once shipped the standard return terms apply. Wheelchair cancellations are subject to a 5% cancellation fee–higher fees may apply on wheelchairs based on production progress. Any product, other than wheelchairs, can be cancelled with zero fee as long as it has not been shipped.