1. Create a YouTube video highlighting your volunteer work or community service. Illustrate your leadership role and the impact it has on the community you work with. Include how you used your social media platform to reach out to people and make a difference.
Please provide us the link of your YouTube video, make it available to be viewed by the public and include a well thought out and thorough video description with a link back to K9carts.com. Also, please send a link to your YouTube channel if you have one.
2. Write an essay and respond to one of the essay questions below and email to [email protected] with the following information on the cover page:
Year in School:
List of community/volunteer work involvement:
- Other social media platforms
Please answer one of the following essay questions. Essays should be no more than 3 pages.
Studies have shown there are countless ways a veterinary practice can benefit from understanding human psychology. Key areas of psychology that directly link to the well-being of pets include proper education for human caregivers on pet health maintenance, managing pet illness, and end-of-life care. As a future veterinarian, how will you incorporate human psychology into your practice? What do you feel will be the biggest challenge when interacting with human caregivers?
A recent pattern in the veterinary industry is the corporate buy-out of individual practices and recruitment to work in corporate veterinary hospitals. As a future veterinarian, what pros and cons do you see emerging in the quality of pet care if individual vet practices continue to get bought-out by veterinarian hospitals? Would you want to work in a corporate-owned animal hospital? Why or why not?
Please name your file as:
- Lastname-firstname-essay1 (for Essay #1)
- Lastname-firstname-essay2 (for Essay #2)
Please complete the short survey linked here (survey will NOT be used in selecting a winner, but is required.)
The scholarship award winner will be contacted by e-mail in September and the scholarship check will be sent directly to the winner’s financial aid office.